Hot Dog Garlic Knots with Spicy Tomato Oil
- 1 pkg(s) Nathan's Skinless Beef Franks1 pkg(s)
For Garlic Knots
- 12 - 16 oz. Pizza dough (homemade or store bought)12 - 16 oz.
- 1/4 cup(s) Unsalted butter, melted1/4 cup(s)
- 4 - 5 clove(s) Garlic, grated or minced4 - 5 clove(s)
- 1 Tsp. Italian seasoning1 Tsp.
- 1/2 Tsp. Kosher salt1/2 Tsp.
- Fresh parsley, for serving
For Spicy Tomato Oil
- 1 cup(s) Olive oil1 cup(s)
- 4 clove(s) Garlic, peeled and sliced thin4 clove(s)
- 28 oz. Can san marzano tomatoes28 oz.
- 3 Tbsp. Chili paste, or 1 tablespoon chili flakes3 Tbsp.
- 1 Tbsp. Honey1 Tbsp.
- 1 Tsp. Kosher salt1 Tsp.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each hot dog in half (across width).
Divide pizza dough into 16 even pieces. Working with one at a time, roll each piece into a 10' rope. Place hot dog half at center of rope and then fold each side of rope over, then under hot dog twice. Bring ends of rope together and tie into knot, tucking rope ends under knot to seal. Repeat with remaining hot dogs and dough. Arange hot dog garlic knots on prepared baking sheet.
Combine melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning and kosher salt in a small bowl. Brush garlic butter mixture onto dough. Bake garlic knots 12 to 15 minutes, until dough is golden-brown and cooked through. Remove from oven and let cool.
While garlic knots bake, heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add sliced garlic and fry for 2 to 3 minutes, until golden-brown. Carefully remove garlic from oil and set aside.
Stir tomatoes, chili paste, honey and salt into oil and simmer over medium heat for 20 minutes. Carefully transfer to blender and puree until smooth. Transfer to a serving bowl and stir in reserved fried garlic. Serve with garlic knots.