- 2 Tbsps. Unsalted butter, divided2 Tbsps.
- 1 Tbsp. All-purpose flour1 Tbsp.
- 3/4 cup Whole milk3/4 cup
- 1 cup Shredded white sharp cheddar cheese1 cup
- 1 tsp Kosher salt, to taste1 tsp
- 1 pack Nathan’s Famous Skinless Bun-Length Beef Franks1 pack
- 1 Red bell pepper, sliced1
- 1 Green bell pepper, sliced1
- 1 Small yellow onion, sliced1
- 1 pack Hot dog buns1 pack
MELT 1 tablespoon butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour and cook, stirring often until smooth, about 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk until combined. Simmer, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 2 to 4 minutes. Stir in cheese until smooth. Season with salt, to taste. Remove from heat and set aside.
COOK your hot dogs your favorite way. We suggest pan-fried with butter! See how to cook the perfect hot dog. About 5 minutes before hot dogs are finished, add remaining butter, bell peppers and onions. Cook, stirring occasionally, until softened and lightly browned.
PLACE each hot dog in a bun and top with sauteed peppers and onions and cheese sauce.